With the support of SURGIR Foundation, Solidarity Is Global Institute implemented (Musanada) project “Supporting Women and Girls released from Shelters & Rehabilitation Center” with the aim of promoting women’s rights and protecting them from violence. The 2 years project was implemented in several governorates of Jordan.
The main objectives of the project were:
To support the efforts made by the various government agencies to protect women, through cooperation and coordination with the Ministry of Social Development and the Public Security Directorate in dealing with the problems and disputes of several administrative detainees and released women from care homes with their families, through the activation of the “Harmony” program for reform and family mediation
To promote and support efforts to reduce violence against women and girls as well as administrative detention of GBV victims through awareness-raising activities and advocacy for social and community reintegration.
To enable and support service providers involved in helping women and girls victims of violence to deliver quality services related to direct intervention and family mediation. To provide the necessary advice and guidance through TOT of CSOs within the various governorates to ensure that women and girls as well as their families have access to quality GBV services.
To provide psychological and social support as well as legal advice and counseling, needed by several female administrative detainees, in order to investigate the possibility for family and community reconciliation and interventions among stakeholders to ensure the release and the reintegration of women detainees.
SIGI is looking for an evaluation expert to conduct the final evaluation of Musanada project.
Scope and focus of the evaluation
The evaluation aims at responding to the following questions
To what extent did the project achieve its overall objective (protection/capacity building/advocacy)
To what extent were the results achieved (impacts/outcomes and outputs)in particular How the network operatesImpact of sensibilization activities: relevance of target audiences
Impact of the awareness campaignOutcome of family mediations
what happened for women released from detention ? (case study) , what are the success, difficulties, how is organized the follow-up for the women released from detention ?
Was the project relevant to identified needs?
What concrete impacts have been made to identified targets of the project (-women in detention, CSOs, political/community leaders)
How were men integrated into the team project? What lesson can we learn form their involvement?
Was the project effective in delivering planned results?
How effective was the project team management?
How effective were the changes made in the course of the project particularly in regards with the political environment and COVID restrictions?
How effective were M&E and reporting mechanisms?
Was SIGI’s governance appropriate to manage this project?
Was the process of achieving results efficient? Specifically did the actual or expected results (outputs and outcomes) justify the costs incurred? Were the resources effectively utilized?
Could a different approach have produced better results?
- To what extent are the benefits of the projects likely to be sustained after completion?
- To what extent ToT has provided capacities to CSOs to duplicate the project in their regions?
The evaluation report should contain recommendations for each of the above evaluation questions.
The evaluation will provide qualitative and quantitative data through the following methods:
- Desk study and review of all relevant project documentation including work plans, logical framework, and project progress reports, financial reports.
- In depth interviews with stakeholders (at least 10 women beneficiaries and family, at least 4 CSOs, political/community leaders from each region of the project, director and staff of the rehabilitation centers, projects teams)
- Conducting interviews with a number of experts who we have cooperated with the project team in the framework of the project, (at least 2 experts)
- Interviews with members of the relevant ministries (Gender, social affairs, development)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA (Bachelor degree) in statistics, project monitoring and evaluation specialization, or any other appropriate field, and a higher university degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance or in any related field of consulting services.
- Expertise of gender issues and women rights in Jordan.
- Willingness to present samples of his / her previous work in this field
- No less than five years of experience in NGOs and civil society organizations, including knowledge of donors requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High command of English language fluency
- Ability to prepare a presentation that includes the work plan, activities to be implemented, and the number of individuals who will help the Expert (evaluator) to accomplish the task from the beneficiaries and those in charge of implementing project activities from SIGI in 4 days maximum.
- The ability to complete the work and submit the evaluation report within a maximum period of 30 working days from the date of signing the contract
- Commitment to the attached proposed classification, conditions and notes received about the report’s content.
- Delivering a report on the effectiveness of the project including sustainability analysis of the achieved impact, a preliminary report, a general report, a detailed work methodology for the evaluation
Execution period: 30 days starting from the date of signing the contract.
Financial rights: Financial dues are paid according to the contract signed between the two parties.
- Drawing lessons and proposing recommendations for SIGI to develop its performance.
- Preparing a professional scientific report and providing the donor and SIGI with an edited copy in addition to a soft copy and 3 hard copies both in Arabic and English.
- Oral presentation of the evaluation report to SIGI and SURGIR
If the mentioned terms are compatible with yours, please send us your CV to this email address before 23 / 9/ 2021 and make sure to write the position in the subject:
In case of any inquiries, call on the numbers:
+962 6 554 3894
+962 6 5549494
Or visit our website: www.sigi-jordan.org